We know that choosing a products liability law firm to represent you is a serious decision. We understand how important this decision is to you and your family. Making the decision to hire a lawyer is a commitment. It is a commitment to yourself, to your family and to your case. Lee Murphy Law Firm has represented thousands of clients in their pharmaceutical drug and medical device claims. We have the experience and knowledge that you need.
Lee Murphy Law Firm is currently representing and investigating potential claims for thousands of women who have had a vaginal mesh product implanted. This device, once touted as a less invasive and less expensive way of correcting pelvic organ prolapse and incontinence, is now under heavy scrutiny. The mesh products are causing recurrence of prolapse and incontinence, chronic pain, infections, painful intercourse and many other complications. Women’s lives are being destroyed by a device that was supposed to help them, but because of the lack of testing on safety and efficacy, women have to undergo several revision surgeries that may or may not help cure their complications. In addition to mesh products, we are also investigating:
- SSRIs: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are medications regularly prescribed as anti-depressant. When taken during pregnancy, they can cause severe birth defects.
- Topamax: Anticonvulsant or antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) such as Topamax or Depakote are linked to an increased risk of malformation and birth defects in the children of mothers who took the medication during pregnancy, particularly the first trimester. These drugs, prescribed to treat epilepsy, seizures and other neurological disorders, have been found to lower folic acid levels in unborn children, resulting in the complications.
- Yaz/Yasmin/Ocella/Beyaz: Yaz, Yasmin, Ocella and Beyaz are pills that are generally prescribed to women as birth control, as well as for the treatment of acne, PMS and PMDD. This drug has been linked to pulmonary emboli, deep vein thrombosis, blood clots and death.
- Pradaxa: Pradaxa is a blood thinning agent prescribed to patients who suffer from atrial fibrillation to reduce the risk of blood clots and strokes. It over-thins the user’s blood, resulting in major bleeds that can result in prolonged hospitalization and even death.
- Hip implants: Metal-on-metal hip implants are in active litigation for causing pain and metal toxicity poisoning, loosening and spontaneously dislocating, along with many other complications. If you think you have a metal-on-metal implant, please contact us immediately.
When your trust in these companies becomes misplaced, and you and your loved ones suffer the consequences, let the attorneys at Lee Murphy Law Firm represent you. Let Lee Murphy Law Firm make a statement: pharmaceutical, manufacturing and insurance companies will be held accountable for their actions. They will be held responsible for the damages you have suffered at their hands.